Rates & Insurance FAQs
Do you take insurance?
Our clinicians are individually paneled with insurance companies. Please call our main office for details. We accept insurance from many major companies as either in-network (e.g., BCBS, BCN*) or out-of-network providers. Please contact us for details.
* Therapists at our Ann Arbor location are in-network with BCBS Traditional and PPO plans only- not BCN/Premier Care.
What are my next steps?
To determine if you have mental health coverage through your insurance carrier, the first thing you should do is call them. Check your coverage carefully and make sure you understand their answers. Some helpful questions you can ask them:
- What are my mental health benefits?
- Do you cover psychological (procedure codes: 96130 and 96131) and neuropsychological (procedure code: 96132 and 96133) testing? If so, what is the coverage amount?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session (procedure code: 90834 or 90837)?
- How many therapy sessions does my plan cover?
- How much does my insurance pay for an out-of-network provider?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
What if my insurance doesn't cover your services?
Contact your insurance provider to discuss this with them. Your insurance may provide an out-of-network reimbursement benefit; in this case, treatment may be covered at an out-of-network rate. A receipt will be provided at the end of an assessment and/or at the end of each therapy or advocacy session that you can submit to your insurance provider for reimbursement.
What are your rates if I am paying out of pocket?
Out-of-pocket fees are determined by each individual clinician and vary depending on the their background, professional license and experience. Please call the office for information about your clinician’s rates.
Low Fee / Sliding Scale Services
We are pleased to be able to offer reduced rates to a limited number of clients who are in a lower income bracket or are experiencing financial hardship; this need must be demonstrated. Contact the office for details on how we may be able to help you.